Tuesday, January 11, 2011

KWL: LA lesson

Know : What I know about prejudice is that prejudice is something related to having a misunderstanding towards somebody.

Want: I want to know if my previous knowledge of prejudice is accurate or not and what other words are similar to prejudice. I would like to also know more about how prejudices affects oneself and the affected party.

Learn: I have learnt that there are many things related to prejudice. Prejudice is pre(before), judice (judging) and this means before knowing the person/understanding the person/situation/culture and making a assumption. Discrimination is an act caused by prejudice and there are many form of discrimination such as sexism, ageism or racism. The actions taken by discrimination can be genocide (severe), lynching(quite severe), racial segregation.

No comments:

Post a Comment