Saturday, March 5, 2011

The book that change my life : Poppy

This book changed the way I thought about books. When I first started reading, I found books boring and uninteresting. When I was about primary 5, my sister started to read all sorts of books on animals. I was surprised and went on to borrow books on animals. I went to my school library and found this. The picture was attractive and even though they always say never read a book by its cover, I decided that this was the book for me. The book is about deer mouses being 'protected' by an owl called Mr Ocax. Mr Ocax claims to help protect the deer mouse population by getting rid of hedgehogs in Dimwood forest. Mr Ocax claims that hedgehogs will kill and eat them if they he does not protect them. In exchange for the protection, the deer mouses have to obey his rules. Nobody ever questions about his rules till this mouse called Poppy came about. The story moves on where Poppy finds out that hedgehogs are harmless towards them and the reason why Mr Ocax rules over them is to ensure he has a steady amount of food. This book was really interesting and kept me reading all day. I went on to read the earlier series like Ragweed which tells about Poppy's boyfriend. Since this book is meant for children, it does not have many challenging or hard to comprehend words. Even so, I recommend this book to everyone who wants to enjoy reading like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment