Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Discriminatory Acts

I experienced discriminatory act when I was Primary 6. I feel very guilty as I had joined in the group that discriminates our victim. The victim was my primary school classmate. He was sissy-like, always touching people while talking. A classmate of mine started to ask many of us to boycott him in all sorts of activities. We called him 'it' as we defined him as he wasn't a boy nor a girl to us. He eventually snapped and hid in a corner to cry. It dawned on me that what we were doing was wrong and our teacher punished us for being bullies. The feeling of being discriminated must be really miserable and we have to put ourselves in others' shoes before discriminating them. I think that schools should have more talks on bullying and discrimination so students will know that such acts are bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment