Sunday, February 27, 2011

To Kill a Mocking Bird (Characters)

The character that is my favourite is Scout. Scout is tom-boyish but intelligent child. Even though she may appear rash as a child, her intelligence really amazes me. She has the ability to care and be concerned about various things at her age. She is also able to read before beginning school. Her intelligence come mainly from Atticus, her father. Atticus had taught Scout well and she learns many facts quickly. Her innocence also reminds me of myself when I was young. She believed that she was a type of bird because Jem said so. Scout has the nature to question everything around. Her inquisitive nature lets her know better about the things that are happening. Every time she has doubt, she can just consult Atticus and Atticus would tell her. I really admire her for having such a great parent as well. In short, Scout is a brilliant character which has amazing traits and a amazing parent as well, and this makes her my favourite character from "Kill a Mockingbird".

4 comments:

  1. The point that Scout is actually a kid is (if I'm not wrong) to show that children or other things we dismiss easily are actually observant about our surroundings and know what we are actually talking about. So I agree that she is called a kid, but in the novel, she behaves mentally like an inquisitve adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Scout is able to pick out things that adults normally miss out, find sympathy in things that adults dont take pity on. g

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Scout already developed quite a mature mindset already, probably due to influence from both Jem and Atticus. Perhaps this is why she tends to point out many things other children do not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although Scout is a tom-boyish, I think that she is quite matured to be able to think for others, not like some adults in Maycomb, thanks for Jem and Atticus's influence. The point that the author had made her a matured child is to not only show her attitude of anti-racism, but to also show that kids could also think like that.

    ReplyDelete